Elder Fisher

Elder Fisher

Monday, July 4, 2016

The field is already white, ready to harvest



Hello AMERICA!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I'm super happy to be able to feel the freedom all the way across the sea! Man I miss the United States of America! 
Free bathrooms
English
Gun rights
Hunting and fishing rights
Great big round Rolling plots of land
Patriotism
The ability to own a dog without a permit
A limited bureaucracy
And of course Ice in my Tall glass of Freedom.

But that's just a handful of beauties that you are all celebrating this week :)

Let me explain how it has been in Europe,

This week has been super good!!! :D  We had 2 Splits!!! I got to go to Duisburg  with My Zone Leader! 


So quick background on Duisberg, the part of Germany I'm in (Nordrhein Westfallen) is known for being the Ruhrpot (melting pot/cooking pot) or basically the factory central of Germany. It's pretty dirty in its own right. My City, Köln (Cologne), is pretty modern, and by that I mean 50's architecture. But Duisburg!!! Woweee! Haha it was so dirty. Trash, graffiti, red brick factories all over haha it made Köln look like a Gem!! It was really just a great time though and the People there were Great! I also met a Satanist on the street haha needless to say she didn't take our card. I think it was because it had Jesus on it ;)


Then! The second Split was a Power Split in the Best City Ever!!! Good old Köln. The Wuppertal Elders came to spend the day with us! We had a great day of finding (6 potentials) but nothing too note worthy. We then came back to our apartment and enjoyed a super good Pasta dinner. 


We Tchüss'd(said good-bye to) Elijah this week. He is a Nigerian refugee. A new rule came that we aren't allowed to teach those in refugee homes so we said goodbye. It was sad. We just need to remember, "the field is already white, ready to harvest." We are here to "harvest". 


Miracle: so we were meeting with this woman from Ghana, Joyce, and she was really enjoying the restoration but I noticed that another woman was staring at us. Granted we were teaching in a park AND Germans don't find staring rude. But it still felt weird. Towards the end I acknowledged her with a "Hallo" and she then asked what we were doing, we explained we were missionaries and she asked if we could meet with her! :D Germans do NOT ask to talk about religion haha it's really just a tradition here which is sad. But it was super cool to get her number.


It was sad to see my trainer say bye to the two member families we love to visit. Those are the Glaesners and the Markaj family. The picture of the couple with the baby are Sandra and Besmir Markaj (pronounced Mar-Kai)  Elder Robinett is going home and so he shared the "feed my sheep" story and explained that they had served the Lord through everything they had done for him. It was really sweet.


For P-Day we're riding... Sort of summer Bob-sleds haha ICH BIN SO BEGEISTERT!!! Ah!!! Haha it's gonna be super super cool!!! 


With my Trainer leaving to go to the land of Endless P-Days, I'm getting a new Comp!!! His name is Elder Van Dam.  He's got a little less than a year under his belt and is coming from Offenbach which is nicknamed Little Turkey. I'm excited to meet him on Tuesday, I'm hopeful this will be a good transfer :)

Here are some cool pictures from the past couple days :)

€40 suit *wink* (left to right) Bishop Wegand, his wife, Elder Robinett, me, Sister McCrary and Sister Young. Both Elder Robinett and Sister Young are going Home.


Our washing machine has been broken for like... 3 weeks now, so I've learned to wash my clothes in the bathtub haha.... I've also became good friends with Elder Hanson (the Tech Elder in charge of getting me a new one).


The last district meeting with the Leavers. The three in front, Elder Roberts,Sister Young and Robinett, go home tomorrow  Solingen Elders on our shoulders haha Elder Vorimo (my shoulders) is the best!



The Kölner Dom... It took 700 years to build and is the geographical center of the City. (This is one of the 2 spires that stand at the front.


This was an open-air museum in Kommern (one hour away from Cologne) a summer toboggan run nearby and the moated castle Satzvey.






 


Überträgt aus der NRW

No comments:

Post a Comment