Elder Fisher

Elder Fisher

Thursday, February 23, 2017

Chip and Cheery

We do a lot, Hanau is a tiny place but Europe is big :) Today we are going to Gelnhausen again for a photo shoot. Gelnhausen is just so picturesque I can't help myself. Right now we're sitting in the Forum, Hanaus mall. Reminds me of hanging out at crossroads or San Tan with friends haha  H&M is a cheaper store that specializes is ripping off and pretending haha. That's also where we get our WiFi. Today I'll take pictures of everything for you. Haupt Bahn Hof, the trains, the travel, us and Sister Catherall (she came from Köln and we're serving together in Hanau haha it's awesome), Sister Jenkins and all the cool stuff we see :)

Haha cool, so we're back! We did an amazing hike and took an overload of pictures for you :) um... hmm. So we wake up every morning at 6:30 and are supposed to exercise but I'm really bad at getting up haha Then we get ready and eat breakfast, then at 9 we start personal study. Then companion study for another hour, then German study then lunch until 12. We head out to do the work of the Lord. Talk to people on the street, talk to them on their porches, talk to them in their homes, in the bus, in the train. Haha this week we focused on Less actives. You see as a missionary you do more than baptize people. You are Jesus' disciple for 2 years. We visit with the members and do service to serve the people as the Lord would. We met with two brothers, on different days. One smokes and has left the church and the other is in a wheel chair because of a mistake during a surgery he had. The first was really weird and hard to talk to but the second was a doll and just quatsched with us for an hour or so. He's back in the hospital today... 

We don't have any investigators right now so we are spending all our time finding. It's okay, I like it but my comp doesn't. It's tough to stay chip and cheery when the people around you have a negative attitude about everything. But it goes. 

So we don't have a dish washer or a dryer. We do all the dishes by hand (not so bad) but we have to wait a day for all of our clothes to dry on a rack that takes up what seems like half of our apartment haha. Living in a two room apartment is an adjustment to our house. I miss having my own room and a bathroom I don't "need" to share. It's always the worst because since we eat at all the same times, we have to use the restroom at all the same times haha. 

Ummmm I did get a new suit and its looking nice. I don't have a photo of it but this Sunday I might remember to take a photo of it. I also got some jeans and a pair of shorts since in some weird change of events I lost my Perry Puma gym shorts... sad. Hmmm I  feel like I'm accepting too much of Germany into my life. I  shaved my chest... that was weird. I drink carbonated water lieber als tap... and I do say stuff differently. Just German expressions in english like "what for a car is that" instead of what type. 

Well, that's all this week :) I love you all and hope everything is going well

Waiting for  train (happens a lot)
 
 And this is us exploring the forest in Germany
 
 
Sister klein singing a song about missionaries haha let me see if i can translate
"My father was a farmer
He lived in USA
Until the day he went to the post office (shorter in German haha)
There was a letter for him here

He thought the letter was from his sweetie

He was very surprised
He made the letter quick open
And here is what it said:

Guten Tag, Viele Grüße (hello, many greetings)
You are called, repent
Hahahaha
No more dancing
No more kissing
You are called as a missionary

My father was a missionary
He went from city to city
And as he came back home
His head was almost flat (his hair was buzzed)

And then in autumn there was a market
And a girl asked him
If he wanted to dance with her
And this is what he said:
Guten tag, viele Grüße 
I'm a Missionary, repent
Hahaahah
I cant dance,
I cant kiss
I'm called as a missionary"

Haha it sounds better in German haha

 

No comments:

Post a Comment