Elder Fisher

Elder Fisher

Sunday, July 16, 2017

New Area, New Experience



Hey guys, big news, I got transferred to Frankfurt to open a new area! New area, new companion, new experience all together. it has been really weird. So, I took a bullet train down to Frankfurt and spent the day helping with transfers and getting the new missionaries where they need to be. It was a good time and I really love the city, but the while time I felt like I was going back soon to my own area haha. At the end of the day I met my new Companion Elder Robinson. He is süper chill and just a really nice guy haha I enjoy working with him. He is only in his 4th transfer. 6 months out. Its weird always being the old missionary haha The transition was quite alien. So, the idea behind the area goes like this.

Frankfurt is the hub of the mission, It's actually the Headquarters for the Europe Area Presidency, but they only had the Assistants to the Presidents, the office elders and STL's (Sister Training Leaders) here. These three companionships are constantly traveling and working in the office so they don't actually have much time to get out and to find and teach in the city. President Boyer, our new president since a week or so, thought that we aught to focus our efforts on the big centers of our mission, the big cities rather, Köln, Dortmund, Frankfurt, Düsseldorf, Nürnberg, so he has concentrated the missionaries around these cities. This meant he needed to open a new area here in Frankfurt so that the work can keep moving. Elder Robinson and myself were chosen for the Job. 

Pretty cool huh haha. I'm still the District leader, only NOW my district is the AP´s and the Mid STL's. and our days are pretty much ALL finding haha We have actually found a lot of prepared people and next week we will start teaching a handful. Blessings in every regard. Yesterday we wanted to go finding in the Füßgängerzone (like an outside mall) but it started raining cats and dogs. like monsoon level niederschlage, but it cleared up just long enough for the time we wanted to be in the street and started again as we transferred to dooring. It was crazy haha. Today we went and bought all the stuff we need for our brand spanking new apartment and it was a lot haha. but we are just having a blast. We live in the same building as the tech elders and I'm super good friends with Elder Hamilton. We served in the same district while I was back in Hanau and so last night they invited us over for Oreo Milkshakes. It was great haha. So yea, alles gesagt, I'm super excited for this area. I might even Die here (leave for home from this area)

I love you so much, and can't wait to be home to spend time with you. 
but don't worry, I'm not trunky. haha

Love Elder Fisher

Left to right... Samone, Medika, Ali, Me, Pouyan, Elder Monroe, Ida (the Persians)

Frankfurt at 9PM

A guy sleeping in the baggage space on the train

Me and Dudi my favorite investigator from Duisburg


No comments:

Post a Comment