Elder Fisher

Elder Fisher

Saturday, March 12, 2016

Ich Liebe Dies Sprach!!!



So we had our first fast Sunday (6TH) ! I had been struggling, I thought "I'm not gonna get fat! I'll work out SUPER hard and burn the fat right?" No, I ended up over exerting my arms and was so sore I couldn't touch my face for 4 days haha. Oh boy... I realized (because it hurt to fold my arms) that I had never prayed so much in my life! I truly feel that I have come closer to Christ by learning how to bring the Spirit to the room and help it to teach of the Gospel of our Savior. I was able to bless the sacrament in German, goodness Ich Liebe Dies Sprach!!! It's leaking into my journal haha our investigator from last week was named Charles. I cant remember if I spoke about him, but we started teaching him in German the second day, we invited him this last Friday morning to be baptized and set a date for a month out, he came to our class that night and explained that he's actually our new teacher haha so that was a trip. Our two new investigators are Brother Charchighidim and Frederic. We will meet them on Monday. 

7th Monday was a wonderful day, we planted a Buch Mormon with Charles, we were so ecstatic and after walking out of the lesson My Companion let me know I had given away his personal copy and not my own!!! He committed to praying and reading and read 5 chapters the first night. I cant wait for him to understand and step closer unto Christ!!! 

8th Tuesday We had a service project at 6:40 am, so we had to wake up an hour earlier, we cleaned one of the buildings and it was a lot of fun! We taught Charles about prophets and the restoration. We confused him because we didn't know the right vocab, so we worked hard the next day to UN-Confuse him.

9th Wednesday we taught Charles more about Jesus Christ. The Atonement definitely rung with him, after explaining Christ's Suehnopfer (Atonement) he was very quiet and then our time was up. I felt the Spirit so I know that is was a good quiet, because he was thinking about what that meant to him. We sing every morning to get the Spirit, although ya'll would probably think German wouldn't do that haha. We met an investigator from Germany that day, his name is Johnathan, he is working here while he studies Linguistics at BYU. He feels God does not answer his prayers. Jonathan is very sweet and I'd love to show him Christ and His Heavenly Father DO love him, he just needs to open up more and learn to hear the Spirit of God. As members we have this great gift, a pot of gold, (the keys to eternal happiness) and it is so difficult when we go up to someone we care about, grab an ingot of gold and try to hand it to them and they won't reach out to accept the gift.

10th Thursday we spoke about the gifts of the Spirit. I recognized that the gift of tongues works with my gift of understanding and discernment. I understand much more German than I can formulate and it helped me so much while I listened to Jonathan's life story. I have developed a great love for the scriptures and read close to 10 chapters a day! I'm working through a brand new copy of the Book of Mormon, marking spiritual lessons and writing any inspired thoughts. Oh, a note in my journal (I'm reading it as I write this so I don't forget anything) is that "the food here destroys the bowels". Also the backwards people of Utah believe in "Daylight savings time"... apparently this Sunday we get one less hour of sleep... 

11th ðŸŽµFriday was yesterday, it's the day we get ready for P! DAY! ðŸŽµ Don't tell my mission leader but I may have fallen asleep during scripture study on Friday haha. I sit next to the vent, so if I lean back it blows on the back of my neck...  yeah I was out for an hour and a half haha but my German ist SEHR GUT!!! and I'm loving the language. Again its leaking into my English. I miss you all!!! I've got some pictures, we're always finding ways to tease or mess around with each other, today we bowled with my 10 deodorant sticks and I tried to pop a bag in Elder Knight's ear but I missed and ended punching him in the face haha. We played soccer in the residence hall with a roll of tape. 

I miss you all, this is the one for the blog, so Hi-ya bloggies! I miss you, but I've gotta get back to serving the Lord! 

Until next week! Love Elder Fisher!!!

Our District Left to Right:
Sister Alton "ShootPar", Elder Morrison, Sister Earl "Sister Mom", Elder Knight "the Goof", Elder Jensen "the King", Elder Fisher "Le Hunk" (naturlich), Elder Andrewsen "the Serb", Elder Roemer "Muscle Man"

Awake for Scripture Study
Asleep for Scripture Study "It happened ONE time!"

Elder Knight with a clamp on his nose (I hold the record for longest suffering [greatest patience award])


Bowling with Elder Fisher's ten deodorants.

Can he bowl a 200?


2 comments: