Haha
boy do I have a letter for you! Haha this week has had a lot of good
experiences so let me start :)
First! We taught 3 super cute
girls at the Catholic College! They interviewed us for their project on Mormons and we blew their minds with how normal/cool we actually are. (They read stuff on the internet and you know how this is) Then during "chalking" (we draw the Plan of Happiness on the sidewalk by the River and then talk to people about it) I contacted a bachelorette party of 15 women... (In Germany they get dressed up and sell goodies or ask for money and then go party with
what they get)
what they get)
| Chalking the Plan of Happiness and Leapfrog |
Then we had a grill and chill with our investigator Olig and his friends. It was crazy awesome to grill with 4 Ukrainians, they are really cool people! Hopefully we can meet with them again and get them
to investigate.
On Sunday we gave a lesson in English because we didn't have any native German speakers in the room. It was then translated into German for Olig and from English to Arabic, by Rami (our recent convert) for the Sisters' investigator. Then, on the ride home, this random girl heard us speaking English so she tried to translate for her friend. I heard so we spoke fast and then in funny accents and finally I turned to her and asked, in German, "How are you doing?" She was so embarrassed when
she realized "we could deutsch" haha
to investigate.
On Sunday we gave a lesson in English because we didn't have any native German speakers in the room. It was then translated into German for Olig and from English to Arabic, by Rami (our recent convert) for the Sisters' investigator. Then, on the ride home, this random girl heard us speaking English so she tried to translate for her friend. I heard so we spoke fast and then in funny accents and finally I turned to her and asked, in German, "How are you doing?" She was so embarrassed when
she realized "we could deutsch" haha
Rami is our Recent Convert, he is such a power
house!!! He asked to be Turdienst (usher) this week, he looked so good with his
pre-tied tie haha.
The work goes at a different pace here in Europe, but
we're seeing a lot of action. An African just walked into church yesterday,
he's now an investigator. Haha okay, here's the thing. I've talked to Syrians,
Iranians, Lebanese, Turks and Africans (Nigerians, Ghanians ext.)
And then all the Germans, it's wonderful how many
different people are here. And real Africans are the weirdest people, they
believe that prophets are everywhere and they've all had dream visions. It's
crazy, a very spiritual people. Those from Syria or Iran are Very Very logical
and specific and those Turks and Lebanese are usually Muslim and very devout,
but also open minded. It's an amazing experience to see so much of the world in
one place.
This hut is just something we
found after walking through the forest to get to Sister Rodelius's house, She
is a Filipino woman who we do GartenArbeit for :) I found a snake and in
the little English she could muster she yelled "Away away," as she ran around
the yard hahaha :)
The Gorilla is an amazing example
of the Graffitti here in Köln, these guys are way talented, the bigger crews
are DFV, HACF and Ultraz boys. They do some really cool portraits sometimes and
other times great name decals.
Usually during P-Days we play Soccer in
Solingen, that's probably what we will do today. Last week we went mini golfing
with the Sisters and Sister Novak.
Germany doesn't know what seasons are. Yesterday it was hot and sunny, today
it's foggy rainy. You'll see photos, we couldn't see the Dome cause of the Fog.
My face looks great :) It's fading with each day so don't worry Mom :)
Extra thoughts, I'm gonna be really European when I get home haha, I've taken to
a lot of the mannerisms and dress already :)
OH
YESTERDAY I SAW MY FIRST UNSHAVEN ARMPITS!!! Haha they do exist! She was cute
but had really hairy armpits haha.
Anyways,
I love you a ton!!! I hope things keep going well at home :)
A Kölner Fisher
No comments:
Post a Comment