Elder Fisher

Elder Fisher

Monday, September 26, 2016

Look unto me in every thought; doubt not, fear not



Here's the rundown of the week...
This week was hard. The work is becoming more thin and so Elder Leimer and I are being pushed to do more finding and less teaching. *unpleasant grimace* but you know what Preach My Gospel says "nothing happens in Missionary Work until you find someone to teach." So this week has been a lot *pause for effect* A LOT of walking hahaha probably 30 Km.

We had a potential give us the Book of Mormon back after reading some of it and say it was "too much", met a lot of really cute atheist girls and got stood up by a member!

Haha but our hopes are high, our spirits light and our enthusiasm burns for the work of the Lord. Elder Leimer is really truly and sincerely a blessing. This kid LOVES the work and is super respectful and really down to earth. We laugh most of the day and then after a long hard day out in the world, we get to come home with enough energy to joke around and make some great memories. He's helping my German a lot and I hope that I'm helping his missionary work haha. I don't feel much like a trainer anymore, hopefully that means that I'm doing a decent job.

Hmm for miracle stories, Oleg called us up!!! Those of you that are keeping tabs on the people I mention might remember that Oleg is a Ukrainian that I taught with Elder Robinett in my first two transfers.
He's a great guy and has a real desire to learn of the truth of the church, but after a few weeks he just dropped off the face of the earth. We assumed he had no more interest but then he called us and said he wanted to meet. He didn't show up to the appointment but he did come to church Sunday!!! Haha he's been kicked out of his second apartment here and is working full time and going to Fahrschule (driving school) to get his license so he has hardly any time. But he wants to continue the lessons when he has time!!! So we're going to commit him to baptism and then work further with him! Needless to say I am so happy that we made contact with him again!

My love for the people here has grown a lot. The ward is like a big crazy family, with all the love and problems that families have haha We had a BBQ and I just felt so much love. These people are wonderful and I wish I could do more.

Today (as always) I planned the P-Day excursion! Haha as long as I've been here, Köln (me) has always planned the p-days, so today I decided I was tired of the "big city" and that we were gonna go see some nature, so I've planned a hike through Königsforst!!! Haha I've never been there but there is some memorial thing, it can be a cool ruin or just a plaque, but trotzdem, we'll get some good ol German forest today.

:) I'll send photos afterward, we will be climbing to an elevation of 136m!!!)

Well, not too much to "erzähl" but I hope that y'all are getting healthier and loving the Gospel, it is the most important part of the life :) I was stressing out and I stumbled upon D&C 6! I love it :) Jesus says stuff like

"fear not, little flock; do good; let earth and hell combine against you, for if ye are built upon my rock, they cannot prevail."

"35 Behold, I do not condemn you; go your ways and sin no more; perform with soberness the work which I have commanded you.

36 Look unto me in every thought; doubt not, fear not.

37 Behold the wounds which pierced my side, and also the prints of the nails in my hands and feet; be faithful, keep my commandments, and ye shall inherit the kingdom of heaven. Amen."

Read and Ponderize D&C 6

Liebe Grüße Elder Fisher <3
 

No comments:

Post a Comment