Elder Fisher

Elder Fisher

Monday, September 26, 2016

Salvation is not a cheap experience

Hey Family,
 
This week was a doozy. We've lost all our investigators, we tracted a total of 10 straight hours, and still nothing. My recent convert has dropped off the map. I'm hoping to see some miracles soon haha I'm training which is stressful at times but we're starting to switch roles a little here, he's more a missionary now than Trainee, so that's way cool. He's a bro haha. Germany is a tough mission. I'm having a hard time balancing between thoughts of "doing my best is okay right now" and "you're not doing enough." It's tough because there is a lot that I can change, but I can't do it all at once.
Mom, I actually know that quote about salvation, it's in one of my favorite talks from Elder Holland about missionary work! When we're spit on, yelled at, cursed at, rejected, hated... We stand shoulder to shoulder with the best blood this world has ever known. Missionary work isn't easy because Salvation is not a cheap experience! I love it. Sometimes it feels like the entire world is stacked against me, but I keep going, perhaps only by the small steps I'm able to take, because I HAVE to believe that it is his will. It isn't by chance that I'm here. It isn't by chance that things are hard. And I can't see it now, but I have hope that this will be an experience that builds me. That Köln will be a refiners fire.
Yeah, so that was my week, just showing God that I can continue through trials and stay diligent in the face of difficulty. Hopefully this next transfer will show some blessings, maybe I'll get to see a new area ;) I can't wait to go south! Then I'll get some RAD lederhosen! Haha also, tell me if y'all want mustard haha I would LOVE some American flag clothing. I downloaded the Declaration of Independence to read when I get homesick ;) "best dear john ever written" haha sometimes I read the constitution. I'm memorizing the Amendments ;) All in my free time of course, those valuable hours in the morning are for Spiritual Learning.

Also, there was this convert from Lithuania that came to church yesterday! That was cool haha he showed us all sorts of photos and was really just a nice guy


I love you all very very much  <3 

Überträgt aus der NRW

No comments:

Post a Comment