Elder Fisher

Elder Fisher

Monday, December 19, 2016

All I Want for Christmas...



Hey Mom!!! :D So yeah, before I forget, my Comp (Elder Woolley) and I set apart time at 6 o'clock on the 24th. So that'll be 12 for you probably still on Saturday... the other days we are booked with Member appointments. Two appointments for Heilige Abend (Christmas Eve), Christmas and second Christmas :D haha I'll be missing y'all, but the Ward made sure we were taken care of.

So my comp, Elder Woolley is actually friends with Cody Williams haha so that's super cool!!! He's from Gilbert, naturally, and we're having a blast! We both have cacti and today I got a bonsai tree "Benny" to liven up the Apartment. We found 3 new potential investigators this last weekend in Fulda, and got in contact with a couple of less actives. Sadly because of the season, people are busy until the new year but we have our work cut out for us. Finally. I'm really excited for this transfer. Haitham, our neuebekehrt (recent convert) is having struggles with the Word of Wisdom and needs to speak to the Bishop.
But we were able to talk to him about it, and he is excited to speak with him. I was able to use my experience and promise Haitham that the Bishop only wants to help and that there is absolutely nothing to be worried about.
Weird thing of the week. Haitham is a refugee from Syria. He's got a lot of Muslim friends at his camp so he gets up in the middle of the night to read the Book of Mormon. He's afraid that if he gets caught his friends will turn hostile (it happens a lot...) so we got a PDF version of the Book of Mormon and downloaded an app that hides it away so that he can read on his phone without being caught by his friends... the whole process felt like a spy movie or something haha but it's a little worrisome. We pray that the Lord will protect him.

So these last two P-Days have been fun, we went to Gelnhausen and the Fulda Christmas Markt :) I didn't find anything super cool except the Tealight nativity Dome (for you mom, to add to the Collection) I'm not sure how to get it to you though :p. Today we are going to the Frankfurt Christmas Markt. It's the biggest one in all of Hessen! So that will be cool :)

I'm glad you like my Lederhosen, I was able to find pants for €149 which is cheaper. They are great quality and now I'm looking for shoes and a shirt :)

I miss y'all a ton and am looking forward to Saturday!!! :D I love you! :D

 Elder Woolley and I made our own Christmas candle :)

No comments:

Post a Comment