This week we went back
to the Grind. Finding finding finding. I've spoken to so many people but no one
has enough interest to show up to our appointments. I had one Muslim tell me
that in Islam they say "one man one word" as in, you must keep your
promises. Of course I promised and show up to our appointment but after 45
minutes of standing in the cold, I accepted that he didn't take that saying to
heart.
I'm having a hard time with that. Muslims I mean. From
what I've read and heard and understood about Mohammad and Islam, they should
be really stand up people. In fact I've met a few, only a handful, that I would
really call Muslima. But the majority of my interactions from them is cold discrediting of
my beliefs, Verfolgung (persecution) and mockery. I'm trying to love these
people, as I know the Lord does and because I know there are many
"Christians" who act the same. I've met those too haha. In my
experience Syrians seem to be the most Muslim of the bunch. I Love Syrians haha
Rami was a Syrian. But I digress, I can't help but feel that there is a Cold
War happening between Christianity and Islam here in Germany. There is a clear
separation. Olive skin and Hijabs usually stand apart from Blonde hair and
Crosses. And everyone says that they "respect" and "accept"
each other but these words are being used as synonyms for endure and allow.
There is little admiration or even understanding between the two. And that makes
the work here particularly interesting. We still don't have any investigators.
In fact the one man we had been teaching moved to the Oberhausen area so we're at
a minus 1. It bugged me that we weren't teaching but then I realized that I'm
doing all I can. More than I've ever done so far, and the Lord knows that. He
called me here and if I'm not teaching, then I'm sure there's something I need
to be learning.
So I'm waiting patiently for that as I labor for my Savior.
I get tired of typing in English haha,
Ach so, da, jetzt fühl ich mich wohl. Ich kann gar nicht
mehr auf englisch beten. Haha es fühlt komisch mit dem Herrn auf englisch zu
sprechen. Die meisten von meine Gedanken sind auch auf deutsch. Es ist jetzt
meine Sprache ahaha ich liebe es so sehr. Ich will ein paar deutscher freunde
so dass ich es besser verstehen und benutzen können.
NAJA ich Quatsch nur ein bisschen.
(Oh, well, now I feel good. I can no longer pray in English. Haha it feels funny talking to the Lord in English. Most of my thoughts are also in German. It's now my language ahaha I love it so much. I want a few german friends so I can understand and use it better.
NAJA I nonsense just a bit.)
NAJA I nonsense just a bit.)
Today we went to some Roman ruins. It was super fun!!! We played in the Colosseum, saw the bath Hauses and many different clothing styles, we learned about the culture and even got T-shirts. It is amazing to think about how much history there is here. German and then Roman and even older than that. I'm honored to be able to serve among a people with such a rich and far reaching culture.
No comments:
Post a Comment