Elder Fisher

Elder Fisher

Thursday, April 27, 2017

2 Mohammads and a Monroe



Hey Mom! So this week has been great! We started using a new finding technique and were able to find 3 new investigators in 2 days!! All of whom are Muslim and two of whom are called Mohammad haha. My New missionary Elder Monroe is a great guy! He's pretty advanced with his German and this week, tonight actually, he will be in the area with a different missionary for a split. I'm not worried though. The kid has a fire and knows more than he thinks.

So this finding technique has everything to do with how you talk with someone at the door and it's got my name written all over it. It's 8 steps to be really cool and just show them that you have something to share. And it really works! I love using it because even if they don't end up being interested you get to make a good impression. So these 8 steps are coupled with a survey. You ask to come inside to take the survey (which is all Gospel"y" questions and then at the end you say you have a message that goes really well with the Survey and that you'd like to start it with a prayer! At this point they are no longer on Commercial Defense mode but pretty relaxed and almost everyone says "yeah sure" and then we teach the 1st lesson RIGHT THERE!!! It's so nice to be able to teach! I LoVE IT! And its fantastic because Elder Monroe will continue to EXPECT to teach! I just know that we will be able to see a Baptism together! Which would keep me on track for my Mission Baptismal Goal. So needless to say I'm very very happy haha. It's just nice to actually see the fruits of hours of planning and practicing come together to give someone a real opportunity to change their life like never before :) 

I know that this church is the church of Jesus Christ. I know with all my heart that the Lord Loves Us. He gave his life up to give us a chance to Change ours. I know that Christ is the Son of God. I know that God has called a prophet in our day to lead his church. I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet. I know that from him there has been an unbroken line of Priesthood authority that continues to bless the lives of the saints. I know, KNOW that the Book of Mormon is the word of God. I KNOW that it and the Bible brings us The FULLNESS of the Gospel. I know, that we can be with our families forever and I am so thankful for the opportunity to bring this knowledge to everybody I meet.

It has been very interesting to teach people of the Divinity of Christ. Muslims do not see him as anything more than a prophet. So I have been able to explain the need for a savior and the amazing Grace that Christ is. 2 Nephi 25 has become a favorite scripture of mine. 

Read it

Love it

Love Elder Fisher
Aus Duisburg

No comments:

Post a Comment