Elder Fisher

Elder Fisher

Thursday, June 1, 2017

His Greatest Work and Glory, is YOU

Hey family!!! This week was super cool! We met with Alex from London again. He is super cool, he has some drug problems but he wants so badly to change. We have a lot to do here, we actually just found another potential who wants help with recovery. We are trying to start a 12 steps to recovery program here. Hopefully we can help some people. 

Working with Elder Monroe has been really cool. It's caused me to look back at my own training, and also given me a chance to evaluate my own missionary work. The results have been interesting. I have certainly served a blessed mission. I have been part of 4 baptisms and countless other stories of self development and discovery that God does really love us. I have helped so many people and I am blessed to have had that experience. 

This last week I was having some problems. There's a culture among the missionaries that talking to people is everything. If you talk to people 24/7, if you talk to people on the street, in the train, on the bus, if you are always focused on talking to people, then You are a good missionary. It's been like that as long as I can render. And truth is, I don't talk with everyone. Don't get me wrong, my eyes are always open and I'm constantly asking God if I should speak with that person. But I don't just talk to everyone. And I was really feeling down about myself. That I didn't speak to everyone. That day the Lord reminded me of Two very important things. He knows me, very personally, and he loves me. Twice that day, he sent people to me. He sent Alex to us so we could make a new appointment. Alex doesn't have a phone and missed his last lesson so we had no way to contact him. And with that we were able to set up a better lesson plan. And then later that day, as I went to the Book box, a shared library. (We always put copies of the Book of Mormon in there) he sent Sergei, a Russian who was really excited to meet with us haha. And I learned, AGAIN, a lesson that has been taught to me on my mission time and time again...

The Lord knows you. He knows you by name! He knows your strengths and your weaknesses and he has called you to serve in this area. Because of your strengths, and because of your weaknesses. He knows who will meet you, he knows what you will do, and that is the reason you were called HERE. And that thought gives me so much comfort. And peace. It does not excuse me from progression, no not one bit. In fact, it testifies to the reality that i do have weaknesses that i must give to the Lord, so he can make them strengths. But, it does remind me that it is GODS WORK and that I need only worry about it, not stress about it. He will get it done. He doesn't need me, but he has blessed me to be a part of it. He has given me the opportunity to be along for the ride. And as long as I am here, it is my responsibility to do everything I can not to miss out! 

And this is your responsibility! Worry about your lives, but do not stress about it. Worry for your future but don't stress! The Lord works through you and blesses you according to your desires. Keep at it, determine this day, that you will NOT miss one of the Lords GREATEST MIRACLES, your life. And eternally your salvation. Stay along for the ride. It will be hard at times, but in many travels, we must endure the up hill first, to enjoy the View. Keep that vision in mind. When the going gets tough, grit your teeth, brush the sand from your eyes and get tougher. The Lord is using this time to shape you. The beautiful statue David was not finished save were it by stone shattering blows, and a beautiful Mind. 

peace be unto thy soul; 
thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment;
And then, if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high.

His Greatest Work and Glory, is YOU
Let him shape you into all that you were meant to become. 

The reason I came on a mission, was to see what the Lord could make of Me.
Elder Fisher.

Aus Duisburg

1. A bunch of photos of the Landschaftspark in Duisburg
2. Okay, a couple of videos from this week 
3. One of a member, Pete, from our ward at the beach haha. The guy that runs up says he's from "green peace" and that he's saving whales, (Pete) and Pete just gets upset haha and then an update of go bys here in Duisburg. It took us an hour to get out there haha but it looked like home. 8 months left haha ha... yeah




No comments:

Post a Comment