Hey family! This is Elder Fisher
This week was pretty crazy. We
have this investigator from London. He has a drug problem and it makes working
with him super hard. The biggest struggle is that he really has interest in the
Gospel and was asking us if he could serve a mission but because he is
constantly looking for another fix, to fight Heroin sickness, he is really
unreliable for lessons or church. We have had the first two lessons and they
have gone really well. After hearing the plan of salvation he said "wow,
that gives me a lot of motivation to do better." Which I think is the BEST
response to the plan of salvation. But here's where the problem is, and when my
heart broke for him. We called a couple times Saturday and finally around 6 he
answered. It went so
Hey man how are you doing?
Huh?
How are you?
Who is this?
Elder Fisher.
Who?
Elder Fisher man, haha you know
who I am.
No...
Where are you man? (I'm getting
worried about him now)
No no man... oh!! Now i remember!
Yo man I am so sorry for missing our last appointment!
Don't worry about it
No really man! I spent the night
in the hospital...
What?!
Yeah, I over dosed man.
What?!
I took more than I usually do. It
was really stupid. I was craving way hard and got desperate... I'm not going to
be able to get to church man.
Boom. Heart broken. My boy
overdosed... gosh. It was too much. We know a couple guys struggling with this
and every time we think about trying to help them our hearts ache. They are
willing to take he gospel but they are enslaved to this drug. Or in some
situations to multiple. I want to help these people but we don't really have the
power to fight that. They've got to overcome that themselves before we can help
them progress to baptism.
Other than that this week was not
too eventful. Missionary work and finding. We set the goal to have 2 baptisms
this transfer. And we're at the end of week 2. The fire is on.
Um. Yeah. I also taught two
Syrians the word cool. Haha that was great.
But really this week I realized
how much I love the ward here. They are probably my favorite German ward by
far! A few days ago we were in need of a bike pump so we followed Bishop home
to use his. We talked about his mission in South Africa and the mission here in
Duisburg. What's going well and whats going not well. We are having a slow time
here in Duisburg and we talked about what we could do to try to speed it up. We
just had a little bro out moment while we were fixing the bikes. I love him so
much. These people here have just completely stolen my heart from me and I am
trying harder than ever to be the missionary they deserve. I had a renewed
surge of energy and committed myself to becoming a more obedient missionary. As
a sign of my dedication to the Lord I deleted all of my music. It had always
been a small problem. The one worldly thing that I continued to hold on to. But
like the Anti-Nephi-Lehites I buried all that I had as a sign to the Lord. With
no intention of ever digging it back up or laying my hand on another. At least
until the end of my mission.
Well, I have a few new pictures
:)
| Elder Blackner |
| Then him and his Trainee |
| Sister Möller, Elder Richter |
| B. Lieven haha believe'n |
No comments:
Post a Comment