(Note from Mom- we sent Elder Fisher a package of goodies to celebrate 30 days in the MTC. He talks a lot about what was in it and answers questions we asked him.)
I got your package! It
was amazing, Ethan thanks for the code (my roommates were all confused when it
said PENAR.) Thank you for the Oreos and the jalapeno chips! I was talking about taco
seasoning the day before the package arrived haha. I've been glued to My Family History book! Mom, you forgot the story about Grandpa Eber's student who cut off
his finger! I was reading through the note and cried, Thank you Thank you Thank
you sooo much!!! It means so much to me to have all these things from you! I
cannot wait to listen to all that music! We aren't allowed to have any in the
MTC!!! You know that you're a missionary when your 'go to' humming songs are Ich
weiB das mein Erloeser lebt (I know that my redeemer lives) and Kommt du Quelle
(come thou font of every blessing). We had a sub yesterday so we had to give a
lesson in English.... it was so weird, for 5 weeks German has been the language
of the gospel and English was for jokes at lunch.
Also!!! I got my flight plans!!!! Sorry Mom, you're wrong,
really I leave on the 11th!!! I connect from Salt Lake to Detroit, Michigan and
then fly straight to Frankfurt! Hopefully my bags don't suffer too much in the
weight department from the 6 texts books on German I have. I cannot wait to
leave for Germany!!!!
I have a bunch more photos this week! Thank you for
the new camera, some of the buttons are broken so I got it stuck in Dutch....
but Dutch is a hybrid of German and English so I'm totally fine haha Thankfully
it wasn't Japanese. I miss playing Soccer so much!!! The field might open this
next week so I can play but I don't know. I'm excited for General Conference!!! A
whole day just to sit back and relax :) Oh, almost forgot, we have church with
the zone (all the German classes) every week. We prepare talks every week and
then they call on us in Sacrament Meeting to talk. I've not been called on yet. The Armenians are cool, they have 9 weeks here because they have to learn an
entirely new alphabet. A couple are from California and are just as close as the rest
of the Zone. On Wednesday I hurt my back lifting with Elder Roemer... it got so
bad that I couldn't get out of bed so Elders Jackson and Parkinson gave me a
healing blessing. After I stood up without problem to hug both of them (they
are my greatest examples and I look up to them so much). I had no problem
getting up and was mildly sore the rest of the day. I know that the Lord healed
me, and I can't explain how special that experience was for me. I know that
Heavenly Father loves us and that we are given no trial we can't overcome, and I
know that every trial we do encounter is for our growth, even if we don't understand it
right away, or even if we don't understand why until the millennium.
Okay, now for some photos!!!
 |
| The package |
 |
| Elder Jensen aka Father Time |
 |
| Beautiful Mountains over the MTC |
 |
| Action shots of our
lesson with "Austin". (Elder Palmer) |
 |
| Flight plans. 9 days until GERMANY!!! |
 |
| Devious trap set by Elder Bollwinkle who loves ghost peppers, pranks and Nightmares. |
 |
| Elder Gülü is the Turkish Elder! He is such a joker! I love him! |
 |
| Every night at 10:30
he comes to our room and says (in his turkish accent) "It is 10:30, lights
out, thank you for your obedience. for the scriptures say, it is bad turkish
translation, 'for god said, it is 10:30, lights out. and he say the darkness,
that it was good.' |
 |
| Elder Warner and me. |
No comments:
Post a Comment