Hey Family, this week was action
packed. 5 Muslims and a Baptismal Date!!! Haha so we are trying this new
finding technique and we keep running into Muslims who are interested in
learning about Jesus Christ. The thing is that you can't start with Christ. You
have to start with the plan of salvation, then the creation then Adam and Eve
and then we have a reason for Christ. It's really interesting too because the
most of them don't understand the creation of the story with Adam and Eve. I've
realized how lucky and blessed we are that we actually understand that whole
episode because it makes everything that's happened since then so much easier
to understand.
But yeah needless to say I've been
studying that, the supreme power of God in the creation, his wisdom in the
Garden of Eden and his Mercy in Christ. And while I was studying, a very
powerful thought hit me... we need to be so careful with our words. Heavenly
Father CREATED THE WORLD WITH WORDS.... he organized the world, the solar
system the universe, and built the majestic landscapes and painted beautiful
plants and flowers and ultimately created us through his WORD. If words are so
powerful we really need to be careful of what we say. Our words alone can build
or tear down. And I've seen this. I've seen words tear someone to the ground and
do unbelievable amounts of pain... but I've also seen words change a normal
person into a hero, I've seen words lift a desperate soul out of the deep and
back into the Light. The two edged sword of the Lord is his word. The weapons
we used in the War after the council in the Premortal life was the word of our
testimonies! (Rev. 12:11 And they overcame him [Satan] by the blood of the
Lamb, and by the word of their testimony)
Just some food for thought.
So, Big miracle this week! We
found an Indian investigator last week on a split with the Zone Leaders and his
name is Dudi. Don't laugh, he is such an awesome guy. He was an orphan in India
BUT he didn't like that life, so he applied to the government for a loan and he
got 8000 euro. He came to Germany and started his studies. He is now almost
finished with his masters and preparing for his Thesis Research. With nothing
more than 8000 euro... he's amazing. He doesn't know anything about the gospel.
He grew up in an atheist house. He wants to build a faith. He told me that he
lays awake at night thinking "what next?" He doesn't know what to do
and is looking for direction in his life. And guess what!? The Gospel has
EXACTLY what he is looking for. He ate up the plan of salvation and loves the
idea that Jesus knows how he feels. He lost both his parents when he was 12 and
tried to "check out" twice. The Atonement of Jesus Christ was a
tender teaching moment with him.
I challenged him saying "Dudi,
if you learned that this was all true... that God is your Heavenly Father, that
Jesus Christ paid the price for your sins... that you belong to a huge family.
Would you follow Christ's example and be baptized?" He said yes. And we are
working toward the 20th of May :)
As for Doos-Burg not Berg, if that
makes sense. Burg. Is pronounced different than Berg haha its nice! I love the
ward so much!!! They are super helpful and really want to see work done. It's
nick name is the Dirty D because its pretty ghetto in places but its my home
now so i love it. We do a lot of dooring the Essen-Duisburg Universität. The
students there are open and love to talk. That's actually where we found Dudi!
So yeah, so this has come full circle :) my Companion is named Elder Monroe,
he's from Wells, Nevada and reminds me of Houston Swann. Very cowboy. It's
awesome. He and I get alone really well and his German is super good so its not
difficult to get around or teach lessons. He's learning quick and making me
proud.
Ummm yeah. Today we are going to
the Gasometer... I don't know what it is, but I will add photos after. :)
You'll get another Email after :)
Love You!!!
1. Düsseldorf
2. Tracting
3. All the Persian Members in our
ward
4. Split with Elder Barker
5. The New District





No comments:
Post a Comment