Elder Fisher

Elder Fisher

Tuesday, August 16, 2016

BEGEISTERT!



Mom! IM TRAINING!!! I'm ecstatic! BEGEISTERT! It's such an honor to train!!! So yeah, I'll go down to Frankfurt on Tuesday and meet up with all the other trainers, a few of whom are part of my MTC group and Sister Baker again :)  Then we'll get paired, have a few more meetings and then stay at that Hotel again just like the very first day! I'm so excited to relive that experience from my first day in Germany, only as a trainer!! 

I'm nervous about my Deutsch. I'm now in charge of translating for sacrament :p  Scary assignment... But whom the Lord calls, he qualifies (wisdom from his cousin Elder Cook's Email this week).

Glad to hear things at home are improving, I'm reminded that obedience brings blessings and disobedience causes those blessings to cease. It's this knowledge that has influenced my mission. I do strive to be as obedient as I can. Often times my natural man gets the best of me, and in small ways I break the rules (stay up late, skip studies) but I also notice the difference in the days where I follow to the very best of my abilities. Missionaries are made imbued, endowed, powerful teachers through the Holy Ghost, and the Holy Ghost is a blessing from that obedience. This is not only a Mission Truth. It is a time tested, proven fact of life. 

When we are obedient to the Lord, he sends The Holy Spirit to guide us in nearly everything. We still have agency but we feel his will for us, and when we can recognize his will, well we are blessed like Alma. When we command a mountain to move, it shall move, and when we tell the sky's to let down water, they pour. Because we know gods will and are obedient to it, and he know that we won't ask for things contrary to his will. Ultimately that is our goal here, to do Gods will. When we do that we will do everything that will make us happy, and everything that will allow us to return to his presence. 

I've been reading a lot through the History of the Church. I often read of members receiving the gift of Prophecy. The bible dictionary says this about Prophets

The work of a Hebrew prophet was to act as God’s messenger and make known God’s will. He was to be, above all, a preacher of righteousness. In a general sense a prophet is anyone who has a testimony of Jesus Christ by the Holy Ghost

I would contend that this still happens very often. Members receive the Spirit of prophecy as they make known Gods will and preach of Righteousness. Sometimes I feel as though the spiritual thoughts in my emails flow very easily and would love to say that I'm able to receive this spirit, although I never really prophesy of anything to happen. Haha but maybe I'm reaching, I just felt very guided as I wrote that about the Holy Ghost and Obedience <3 

Nothing super new, so only a photo of me today haha, 


We're having a grill day with the district before we split up and go all over so I'll send more later today <3 I miss and Love you All!!

No comments:

Post a Comment