This
week has some cool stories to offer! Some hi-lights are... time with some Monkeys! My first Kiss (on the mission), "wine" from a member, I met the most
prepared German I've ever heard of AND I spent $100 D':
Well
quick Explanation. My Comp lost his wallet so I had to pay every time he rode
the Bahn. €1.90 ugh... We ride the Train Several times every day. And I bought
Groceries :p subtract €100 from my personal account.... so hopefully I can get
reimbursed. But, forward with the week! :D
Let's begin with Monday:
Oh
Monday's, the day of sweet semi-self thought. A day given to prepare for the
week, physically (through groceries and such) and mentally through emails and
activities. This particular week our favorite Member, Sister Nowak, took us to
the AFFENPARK! Or being translated, Monkey Park. It was great haha Open enclosures
with some wicked monkeys haha We got there and one of the monkeys had escaped
and was running up and down the fence shaking it at the joints hahaha. We
entered and had a good time trying to get the monkeys to do something, really
anything at all... They were quite content to sit and watch us, a sort of
reversed Zoo haha. It was a great release before a busy work in the Lords
Vineyard.
Tuesday:
The
day of Tues, we met with Abosh, a boss from Syria! This guy really does love
the gospel, he has a very innocent understanding of Jesus and his teachings but
wants to learn more. When he didn't know an answer to a question he simply
answered "teach me". Just a wonderful example of humble learning. He
is a delight and took the commitment to read and pray quickly and also accepted
a baptismal date.
Wednesday:
This
day we had Zone Conference! I love these things haha My first Zone Conference
will forever stay with me because I met another great Example of my life. Elder
Jones. But this one was something else haha We always have fun but this was
focused on study and how important it is. I realized that I need to study
German better and more. And the Lord reinforced that revelation by humbling me
through my German.
Thursday:
This
was a day filled with finding. We went door to door in a part of Cologne called
Kalk. We came to this door and an old German Grandma answered. Really solid
stereotypic old lady haha She invited us in and proceeded to tell us about the Rats that live on her balcony and eat her Flowers, then she said to my
Companion,
"Vor
ein paar Tage, hab ich ein taub gefunden. Er ist Krank und ich hab ihm mit
Medicien geholfen. Willst du ihm sehen?"
My
companion thinking she was talking about something else and asking if he
understood said "yeah aber nicht genau"
...
She had said she found a sick Dove a few days ago and had anointed him with
medicine and asked if my comp wanted to see him and Elder Van Dam answered
"yeah but not exactly" hahaha I chuckled as she went to get this bird
hahaha I explained to him what had happened and he was so surprised. Anyways on
our way out she thanked us and kissed me on the Cheek! Haha man, I was so
surprised. Sadly, this lady didn't want the gospel. But, can't have em all I
guess haha, next time for sure.
Friday:
This
was a Member day. We had two great lessons and really grew to love two more
families :) Germans are a little hard because friends mean more to them, so
they make friends slowly. But we are seeing great rewards for taking extra time
with these beautiful children of God.
Saturday:
Saturday
was our Grind day!! We had 4 lessons planned, which by Germany standards is a
golden day haha It would have been a record day for me had Modo not cancelled.
But it was okay, we met with Emanuel, a Nigerian who's testimony of the Spirit
and the Book of Mormon out does those of the German members. He taught us the
recent convert lesson for the day so we had a great spirit going into our
second lesson with Abosh!!! He had read through Jacob in 4 days!!! He was ready
to learn about the Plan of salvation and had already ready 2 Nephi so he knew
that "Adam fell that Men might be and Men are that they might have
joy!" It was amazing. The saddest thing happened though. We realized that
he is a refugee... This hurts because we are not allowed to baptized Refugees.
The conversion is too dangerous if they return to their home countries. So we need to work with him to get out of refugee status and become
self sufficient and live here in Germany. After that we had a lesson with Felix
Starke. He is a Bavarian Man I contacted because he was wearing a band t-Shirt
I knew. We met him and spoke for a little. He said he had researched the Church
on the Internet and I got nervous. But he knew what temples were and knew the
Joseph Smith story. He gasped and smiled big and said "I know this"
when I started the first vision. He accepted the invitation to read and pray
and said hopefully he gets his answer by the end of the week!!! Can you believe
that! Haha Faith! Wow! So yeah, we can't wait to meet with him again this
coming week :)
So
that was the week of Miracles :) The longer I'm here the MORE I LOVE GERMANY.
The more I see the more I want to reach out to every German, I'm just LOVING the work here :)
Tell
me of the Wonderful work amongst those of the Promised land! Do they see the
truth of Lehi's promise "if thou wilt keep the commandments thou shalt
prosper in the land"? I hope so, I Love and Miss the Promised land. Free
public bathrooms and gallons of milk... Freedom and patriotism, large
refillable drinks for a Dollar (no free refills in Germany).
Love,
Elder Fisher
No comments:
Post a Comment