Yes
I did get my iPad back and I was able to get a new screen on it. A while back I had dropped it and broke it but at €130 I was able to get a new one. Sadly Germany isn't super big into Halloween, although I heard of one town that does enjoy it, there aren't any 'Fishers' here in Germany, if you know what I mean (**obsessed with Halloween**). No decorations, I'm sure on Halloween day we will see skimpy costumes but other than that I'm sad to not have a haunted house this year :p
So the Freiburg temple is in the Berlin Mission, by Dresden so we didn't go to the temple, we watched the dedication in the Pfahl building in Düsseldorf. Bednar and Uchtdorf were both there, it was amazing to hear them both speak German haha Bednar actually served here in the Frankfurt mission (then Germany west I believe) so that's super cool <3
I received an email from a friend at home about Sam's testimony. She was touched by his sincerity and said that he was "obviously a deep thinker". I'm honored my little Brother was able to touch someone with his testimony, that's the beginning to Missionary work :D it's super good to hear about the family, I miss you all tons <3
Also the week :)
Monday was Soccer and Smoothies, a perfect Relax day
Also the week :)
Monday was Soccer and Smoothies, a perfect Relax day
You can tell who the two weirdos are from this photo ;) haha sadly me and sister Catherall. Tuesday we visited some less actives. There are a lot in The Köln Ward. The first was a cool African (I'm jealous of Cole's mission) he said he would return to church.
Wednesday we had District meeting and when we walked in late the Zone Leaders asked if I would be part of their lesson. I said yes. It came around to them and they brought out cookies, super good German cookies. They said the price for the cookie was 10 push ups. Yeah, easy! I did them and got my cookie, but then they offered one to my comp, he jumped up and said "ya klar!" He wanted a cookie. But... They said since I was the missionary, and the cookie represented the Gospel, I needed to do 10 push ups for Elder Leimer (my comp) to get the cookie. So I did them. And they went around the room, and the situations changed, Elder Hörtig wanted a cookie, but he was a sinner so I had to work harder to help him to repent, 20 push ups.
Sister Riser had a family, 30 Push-ups. By this point I was falling on my face, I had done 60 or so... I couldn't lift myself. So then they said, every Missionary has a comp to share the load. So Elder Leimer took over. We went back and forth until we were both exhausted and we still had two sisters to go... I was drenched in sweat, my arms giving out. But they needed the Gospel. One sister, Sister Balls was crying at this point. I was suffering to get the Gospel to everyone, and the spirit of the object lesson was touching everyone. But Elder Leimer and I couldn't... Hers was 50 push-ups... Her alone... But, every companion has 3 parts, you, your comp and Christ. So the Zone leader, laid with us and we did the 50 together. I struggled not to fall on my face while "Christ" pumped out the remaining push-ups. She got her cookie, and we listened as the Zone leaders explained that when we have nothing left, when we are lying on our faces crying from the load we bear, Christ will step in to carry us. And it may not always be at the very last or end of the trial. Often he carries us through the middle too, even the whole thing. But we can always turn to him for support and strength when we need to be strengthened. When we have nothing left. He is there.
Thursday we were about to go out to find people to teach and I got the Pump up music going haha, Kung Fu Panda overture. I turned to my companion and said "are you ready to find our next baptism?!? Haha he laughed at me, but I did a couple air punches and a kick and said "ARE YOU READY?!?" He didn't buy into it too much BUT! We did get out and do some great contacting! That's when we met a Russian man called Vladimir! Spelled Wladimir because the 'W' in German makes a 'V' noise. He thought that Mormons were Amish but we cleared that up really quick with our IPads haha anyway We'll meet him in the coming week to share the 1st Lesson.
And Friday we got a referral from the sisters for a Nigerian Guy who seems to be a miracle. Approached them "never happens" and asked to come to church. We'll meet him this Sunday.
Saturday, cultural Celebration with Abosh! This was sick!!! Well first the day started off with a finding activity in Remscheid, I got to split with my mission best friend Elder Kevin Hörtig haha this kid is great :) anyways we found 3 people and 2 couples!!! In an hour!!! BLESSINGS!!! Haha one time I walked up to this Black couple and said
"Wir sind Missionare, wir teilen das Jesus Christus leitet seiner Kirche durch ein heutigen Prophet! Es ist wiederhergestellt! Wann können wir vorbei kommen und mehr von diese Botschaft erklären?"
"We're missionaries, we share that Jesus Christ leads his church through a modern prophet and that his church is restored! When can we come by and explain this message?"
Haha super like, in your face, excited, powerful approach! The woman said
"Was, bei uns?!?"
"What to us?!?"
Haha I said "Ya Klar!" And we switched numbers!! It was amazing!
Then we met up with Abosh in Solingen, he's our Syrian Refugee investigator. We can't teach him until he gets out of government housing (for safety reasons) but he wants to get baptized already, he reads the BoM in English and German haha he prays and has a relationship with "the God" (in Arabic they say Allah, which is a conjunction of two words that mean "the God") he's so cool! So yeah, we went to Düsseldorf for the Cultural Celebration of the Berlin Temple, it was amazing!!! Abosh cried, I almost cried, Sister Catherall Cried. Haha he said that it was beautiful and happy. He's gonna get baptized before I leave. I Will Baptize Him.
Sunday, The Temple Dedication! It was so cool to be able to take part in the Freiburg Rededication! To hear both of my favorite General Authorities speak in German (Bednar and Uchtdorf). President Uchtdorf gave the dedicating prayer and it was beautiful. We were able to see and hear so much about the history of the area and about the 5 different nationalities that lie within the temple district. And then at the end we were able to take part in the Hosanna shout in German. It was so cool and an experience I will never forget.
I'm so happy to be on a mission :) the experiences I am having are shaping me so much. I'm just amazed to look back on the little I've done and see how much I've changed already, I'm a loving the difference I'm seeing. My personality isn't changing, but my understanding is. How I understand the Atonement, the gospel, the organization of the church, the reasons for different things and most importantly how to receive revelation. My relationship with Christ and Heavenly Father have grown so much and I can speak German haha it's a miracle!!! I understand so much and can say almost an equal amount haha it's amazing. I have so much to be thankful for and I'm only just getting 1/4 of the way through!!! Can you believe that?!? 1/4 already! Haha I honestly feel like I've only been here 2 weeks :p
Anyway, I wish you Alles gute!!! Bis nächste Woche! <3
Überträgt aus der NRW
| P-Day Fun |
| Freiberg Temple Dedication |
| Soccer |
Keep up the good work were all very proud of you .
ReplyDeleteKeep up the good work were all very proud of you .
ReplyDelete