Elder Fisher

Elder Fisher

Thursday, November 10, 2016

Fasting brings Blessings



(** Our ward did a 40 day fast for missionary work, with one family fasting each of 40 consecutive days.  When I told Jacob, it had just ended, this was his response.**)

Hey hey hey! :D So yes we did feel the fast!!! We set a baptismal Date With Abosh!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Abosh was a refugee we couldn't teach becaus of his living circumstances, but after talking to President about his special situation we were cleared to teach him and in that first lesson (again after 3 months) he accepted a commitment to baptism!!!! It's scheduled for the 22! And we will meet with him tonight to go over chastity and prepare him for his interview with President on the 18th!!! I'm just ecstatic!!! I've been waiting so long for this for Abosh! He's just golden! Haha if everything goes right and he enters the waters, I will be totally content with whatever happens for the rest of my mission. He's just great. So that's the Big News!!! As we scramble around (my Golden and
I) I realize this is my first Baptism, and I don't really know what to do... I keep phoning the district and zone leaders to get ideas and guidance haha. Ah!!! It's fantastic!!! We also got like, 5 referrals this last week and had a recent convert move up from Saarbrücken! So it's looking like an amazing transfer. Sadly, my heads on the chopping block this upcoming transfer. I might be out, with 5 transfers (six months) under my belt and having finished training, I might be leaving my incredibly capable and amazing Trainee behind to take over Köln...

I'm super happy that y'all are enjoying the beach haha I can't imagine that, it's 2 degrees Celcius, whatever that is Farenheit... Here and it's way chilly!!! I will need some money for winter clothes... I need thermals and some "tight ankle" pants instead of the spread American ones I have. I don't know how much it snows in Köln, my German comp says no more than 2 inches but that's a guess from his home in Frankfurt. I'm super excited for Weihnachtsmarkts and caroling and all that good stuff! I've heard a lot of work gets done around Christmas so I'm getting hyped! Also I get to hear your voices again :) anything you guys wanna hear in German??? I LOVE THIS LANGUAGE!!! It is so beautiful and I want my wife and kids to speak it
:) anyways, I love you all! Have fun in the sand! I'll be layering up haha


Sword museum... Liebe

Elder Leimer likes art... Europeans haha 


"Richterswerten" execution swords, one was USED IN DÜSSELDORF!!! (Back middle left)

The two SS issue Combat knives... Beautiful things...

Me eating "Pferdwurst Spezial" (horse wurst special) haha so tasty!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment