Hi family!! :D I'm happy to report all is well and winter
is coming...
Haha the temperature has dropped and it's gotten windy
haha thermals will be shortly purchased <3 but Germany is so beautiful, the
trees are all changing colors and I'm getting excited for Christmas haha is
found a little Christmas tree in the Fung-Shue room so I put it on my desk haha
today we are returning to the monkey park with the new missionaries so that
should be lots of fun :) I'm so thankful for your prayers, I feel as though I
am being carried.
In a quick update of the mission, I've got a baptism coming up! Abosh! My Syrian homie haha finally he's been cleared by the area 70. You see he's a former Muslim and a refugee so they had to be sure he would be safe if he converted. Everything's a go and the President is interviewing him on Tuesday!!! My first real baptism. Man I'm so excited. It will be a double session too because the Köln sisters will be baptizing their friend Pierre! So that's super cool! Then next week Roberto (another friend of theirs) will be baptized too! 3 in two weeks! The members said that no one wants to join the church in Cologne but I've seen 3 baptisms and we're gonna have 3 more!!! Haha it's fantastic to really see baptisms here on Germany. We get shot down a lot. Most people wave us off, the Catholics wanna die Catholics, the Protestants believe EVERYONE goes to heaven so there's no need to know about OUR church and the Jehovah Witnesses tell all their investigators that Mormons are EVIL and that we're going to hell haha so Satan still has a huge grip here from the Apostasy. But we're seeing his grip loosen and the Savior scoop up his sons and daughters one at a time. It's beautiful.
I'm coming to the end of my 5th transfer (6months) in Cologne and also finishing training Elder Leimer, so i get the feeling I'm leaving, and everyone feels the same haha. It will be exciting but I just started to become Kölsch! I love this city. It's beautiful and the people here are amazing. So I'll miss it a ton. I'm planning on getting a Köln University Hoodie to remember it by. Gosh. I just love being a missionary so much. It carries me throughout the day. Often the Sisters ask how we're doing, and my answer today was "I feel like I'm being carried. I'm so tired, my heart is beaten and bruised but I keep going. I have to, because I love these people. And I don't do a lot... I don't talk to EVERYONE or always know what to say, but I try. And the most beautiful thing about this faith is that we get credit for trying! It counts for something! And that is true love. That is the love of our father, is that he see how hard we try and rewards us for that. It's outstanding. I'm so grateful for that.
I'm coming to the end of my 5th transfer (6months) in Cologne and also finishing training Elder Leimer, so i get the feeling I'm leaving, and everyone feels the same haha. It will be exciting but I just started to become Kölsch! I love this city. It's beautiful and the people here are amazing. So I'll miss it a ton. I'm planning on getting a Köln University Hoodie to remember it by. Gosh. I just love being a missionary so much. It carries me throughout the day. Often the Sisters ask how we're doing, and my answer today was "I feel like I'm being carried. I'm so tired, my heart is beaten and bruised but I keep going. I have to, because I love these people. And I don't do a lot... I don't talk to EVERYONE or always know what to say, but I try. And the most beautiful thing about this faith is that we get credit for trying! It counts for something! And that is true love. That is the love of our father, is that he see how hard we try and rewards us for that. It's outstanding. I'm so grateful for that.
Here's a video of the weather haha oh man :) well, I'm off <3 I love you all so much and can't wait to Skype!! :D keep praying and fight sadness with a cup of hot chocolate and a hug <3
Elder Fisher
Überträgt aus der NRW
I love his positive attitude and love of the people he's working with!
ReplyDelete